Saturday, May 14, 2016

Tree Shaker


Odell Brewing has officially hit Iowa, and they came out swinging.  Tree Shaker is a 10% ABV IPA brewed with fresh Colorado peaches.  While the peach aroma and flavor is subtle, it's there, and a great addition to the solid Imperial IPA.  This beer drinks very smooth with just the right amount of bitterness to balance the big malt body and the sweetness from the peaches.  If you can be patient and let this beer warm up a little, the peach flavor is more prominent and is well worth the wait.  Over the years, I've had several offerings from Odell, and they've all been pretty solid.  I can't wait to see what they send Iowa next.

If you're looking for something to listen too, check out the second Crinkletalk podcast.  I think Jared and I felt a little more relaxed with this one.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y4Rf40nvZE
We hope to record our 3rd one soon!

I'd like to take a minute to tell you about my cousin Rick.  He was recently in a severe car accident in Dubuque when is car was hit by a semi.  He has multiple broken bones, and a very long road of healing ahead of him.  Please check out this link below.
http://www.kwwl.com/story/31929256/2016/05/09/dubuque-man-seriously-injured-in-accident-with-semi-family-asks-for-help
If you are able to donate, we would all greatly appreciate it, at the very least, please share his story.  I know you hear all the time about what a great person someone is in cases like this, but this time it's very true.  I can't ever remember seeing Rick in my entire life where he didn't have a smile on his face.  He's a great family man, and an incredibly hard worker.  He truly is one of the good guys, and I wish him a speedy recovery.  A big thanks to all that have donated so far, and those that continue to donate and share his story.

Follow me on Twitter:  @Crinkletalk
Untappd: Crinkletalk

No comments:

Post a Comment