Saturday, July 7, 2012

Templeton Rye Ale

It's finally ready, fully carbonated and aged to perfection.  You get a nice aroma of citrusy hops, mixed with oak and Templeton Rye whiskey.  This is one of the most balanced beers I've ever made.  A great mix of grain, hops, wood, and whiskey flavor.  Other than the color not being quite as red as I had invisioned, this beer turned out awesome.

I have liked most of the beers I've made over the years, but I'm also realistic enough to know I only have a handful of recipes that are good enough to be sold.  This is definately one of them.







Last weekend I went to Des Moines with my 2 brother in-laws and my father in-law.  We hit up several bars that night, and enjoyed quite a few great beers.  This shows out stop at the Hessen Haus, and out liters of German beer.  Prost!
Larry enjoying a liter of beer.


No comments:

Post a Comment