Saturday, October 24, 2015

Fall

 How can you not love this time of year?  The leaves are changing, the heat and humidity is gone, pumpkin beer are everywhere, and of course, football is back!  I admit, I enjoy putting on a comfortable hoodie and sipping a nice imperial stout this time of year, but can you ever go wrong with a good IPA?  I don't think so.  Toppling Goliath does it again with another fantastic Double IPA, Hopsmack.  http://www.tgbrews.com/beer.html#smack
This brew falls in line with every other Double IPA from TG.  Great aroma, well balanced between the sweet malts, and the bitter hops, and a load of citrus flavor from what I can only imagine as the ton of hops Brew Master Mike put in this batch.  Keep your eye on TG, they are hinting at big things to come on their social media accounts.  I just hope I can try whatever it is, before it's gone!
There is my friend Dee walking Arson around the show ring at the Mason City Dog show a few weeks ago.  Arson was super excited to back at a dog show, but pranced around the ring like a champ.  Still no points for him, but he won his group and took Winners Reserve.  Not bad for a 9 month old. The best part of the day for me was spending time with Joseph and Arson, and seeing the bond between boy and dog grow every day.

Also, congratulations to Pam and Duane along with Aldo for taking Best of Breed on Saturday and Best of Show on Sunday making Aldo a Grand Champion!

 My little guy turned 10 this week, and it's been amazing to watch him grow.  He's smart and funny, and turning into a wonderful young man.

This was his second year in football (3rd and 4th graders.)  A lot has changed since last year, he tried harder, payed closer attention in practice, and has become more confident.  The little Cougars went 4-0 on the season!

Thanks to couch Mike for another great season, you always do a fantastic job with the kids.  Also, thanks for letting me help out on the sidelines during the games, I had a blast doing it.

 So this entry is a bit more family centered, but it's still a beer blog.  So here's a must try beer for everyone.  The Kimmie, The Yink, and the Holy Gose, it's more than just a great name.  You can read more info on the beer on the link.  https://avbc.com/the-kimmie-the-yink-the-holy-gose/

Gose is a fairly new style of beer to me, but so far, I've really enjoyed the few I've had, and I think this one would be great on hot summer day.  I could definitely envision enjoying some on Pat's boat on the Rock River fishing for catfish.


How do you celebrate your son's 10th birthday, and your In-Laws 40th Wedding Anniversary?  I think everyone know playing rotten vegetable baseball, drinking good beer, eating too much food, and going to a giant pumpkin patch is the answer!  Above is Joseph taking a swing at a zucchini.  Pictured to the right is Joseph with his two uncles, Chad and Jared.    http://www.pintersgardensandpumpkins.com/  Apparently Pinter's is the place to be during the fall.  With activities like giant chess and checkers, tether ball, a corn maze, giant tire obstacle coarse, and tons more, we kept the family busy for nearly 5 hours.  By the way, I had Chad and Jared on the ropes before I made a stupid move and they capitalized on it.  Nice win guys, I'll get you next time!  Also a big congratulations for 40 year of marriage to Larry and Ruth!!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @Crinkletalk
and on Untappd: Crinkletalk

No comments:

Post a Comment