Sunday, May 19, 2013

 New Glarus makes some of my favorite beers. I found Serendipity to be a good beer, but fell a little short of my expectations.  It was very smooth, and had a ton of fruit flavor, but it was a bit sweet for me. I prefer their cherry beers, but I still wouldn't turn this beer down in the future.
 My Alliteration American Amber Ale is ready to drink! The wild hops give it an interesting finish, but overall, I'm very happy with this beer.  It's a great transitional beer for the spring.
 Sprechter Hard Root Beer is an interesting one. The base totally tastes like root beer, but a lot of whiskey and whiskey barrel flavors greet your palate.  This one confuses me. I like root beer, and I like whiskey, just not sure that I like them together.
 Third Shift Amber Lager was better than I expected. It was good, but very one dimensional. If you love biscuit malts, this is the beer for you.
 Angry Planet Pale Ale by Planet Earth Brewing was disappointing. I bought this during my last trip to Minnesota. I like to buy local brews when I travel, but this one wasn't anything special.  I'm just glad it was cheap!
Another solid beer by the good folks at Deschutes Brewery.  This Mirror Pond Pale Ale was the perfect brew to enjoy a nice spring day in Iowa.  Rumor has it, they'll be distributing in Iowa soon. I can't wait to try more of their beers.

Next up for me is an IPA that I will be brewing later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment