Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bacon beer??

 Rogue Maple Bacon beer, sounds like a good idea, right?  I'm still not sold on it.  At first the beer starts smooth, sweet, and full of maple flavour.  Than, it's followed by smoke, smoke, and bacon grease.  Of course, the first 3 ingredients are smoked malts.  A little over kill if you ask me.  I don't know if I would want to drink a whole 22oz. bottle, but it's worth trying and sharing.  I also wouldn't mind having it with some bacon and eggs, it might be decent.
 I'd like to give a big thanks to the good people at DeSchutes Brewery.  Last month a received a Hop Henge beer for my birthday, unfortunately, it was totally flat.  As I said earlier, the aroma was amazing, and it was still the best flat beer I ever had.  When I let the brewery know about the flat beer, they immediately offered me a refund.  I declined.  They promptly refused and said they'd send it and a bottle opener for good measure.

A few weeks later, a bad day, was made better by what I received in the mail.  A hat, bottle opener, sticker, and a hand written card from Gina at DeShutes Brewery.  As far as I'm concerned, they didn't owe me anything, so obviously this went above and beyond my expectations.  I can't wait to try more of their brews.  Thank you Gina, you made my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment